This section does cover psychological or socio-economic marital challenges. Check with a marriage counselor if this is your concern.
One of the main goals of Shaitan is to prevent and break marriages. when the marriage is falling apart, it could be because of Sihr, Ayn, or Creepy Jinn. When spouses find themselves repulsed from each other or arguing all the time, they tend to think it is Sihr (black magic) that is destroying their marriage. It could be Sihr but it could also be Ayn or Jinn. In other sections of this website, we addressed how Ayn “Nazar” (Evil Eye) could bring Shaitan in or around the body. This Shaitan will work on destroying marriages. The third possibility is Creepy sex Jinn. Creepy Jinn enters the body when one is dressed seductively, dances, and listens to music. This type of Jinn will fight hard to get this targeted spouse divorced. This is explained in detail in the Creepy Jinn section of this website.
Jabir reported that Prophet Muhammed (ﷺ) said: Iblis (the father of all Sheitan) places his throne upon water; he sends his agents (demons to lure humans); the closest to him are those who create the worst tribulations. One of them came and said, “I did so and so.” And Iblis said: “You have done nothing.” Then one amongst them came and said: “I did not let him (a human) go until I broke what is between him and his wife.” Iblis brought this Sheitan near him and said: “You have done well.”
Some wonder, Since Sihr or Sheitan is targeting their marriage If they should just get divorced and maybe later get back together. This is like somebody cutting his head off because of a migraine and hoping that they can put it back together after the pain stops. If the shaitan finds this person weak and obedient, the Shaitan will further abuse and override him. The Sihr divorce does not end by divorcing your spouse. After the divorce, Shaitan continues to prevent any future marriage.
Shaitan has the following effect on spouses:
1- Makes spouses experience tightness in their chests and irritability toward one another. They feel like they can’t tolerate one another and they live in constant nagging.
2- Makes Spouses feel repulsed by one another emotionally and sexually. A husband for example could feel that all women are attractive except for his wife.
3- Plants skepticism and feeling of being cheated on by their spouse. They feel constantly that their spouse is with someone else.
4- Bring up to the mind thoughts of divorce repeatedly. Prophet Muhammed said, “Any woman who asks her husband for a divorce when it is not absolutely necessary, the fragrance of Paradise will be forbidden to her.” Authentic
Treatment: Treatment should be applied to both spouses even if one of them is asymptomatic because Shaitan attack couples as a set.
Besides morning and Evening Athkar and reciting Surat Al-Baqarah, Spouses should resort to reciting Surat Al-Nas and Al-Falaq repeatedly daily. It is suggested to consider reciting or listening to each Surah about 50 times in the morning and 50 times in the evening.
Allah Says in Quran Surat Al-Baqarah, verse 102:
“They instead followed the magic promoted by the devils during the reign of Solomon. Never did Solomon disbelieve, rather the devils disbelieve. They taught magic to the people, along with
what had been revealed to the two angels, Hârût and Mârût, in Babylon?  The two angels never taught anyone without saying, “We are only a test for you, so do not abandon your faith.” Yet
people learned ˹magic˺ that caused a rift ˹even˺ between husband and wife; although their magic could not harm anyone except by Allah’s Will. They learned what harmed them and did not benefit
them—although they already knew that whoever buys into magic would have no share in the Hereafter. Miserable indeed was the price for which they sold their souls if only they knew!”
How to wash away Low Libido? Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
(Strictly when related only to spiritual disorders and after being diagnosed and treated by a medical doctor or psychologist)
The ex-Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Abd Al-Aziz Ibn Baz said that if a spouse experiences loss of sex drive because of a spiritual disorder, when unrelated to medical or psychological disorders, they should consider this recommendation:
Grind 7 whole fresh Sidr (Lote) leaves. Get a large water container. Do Ruqiah into this water. The water should be enough to both drink and shower with the remainder. This recipe, by the will of Allah, will clear the illness. Repeat this process for a couple of times or even more if you need to. Here is what you need to recite into this water:
Ayat Al-Korsi, Chapter Al-Kafirun, Chapter Al-Ikhlas, Chapter Al-Nas, Chapter Al-Falaq and these verses:
- Chapter Al-Araf
- Chapter Yunus
- Taha Chapter
Loss of sexual desire treatment (when triggered by Evil Eye or Evil Magic, absent of medical reasons)
- Always check with your medical doctor first (Gynecologist, Urologist, Psychiatrist).
- Do Ruqiah. It works well in treating this condition. Surat Al-Baqarah is a major cure for various spiritual disorders including Sihr, Ayn, and Hasad that causes divorce. Surat Al-Baqarah has over 4 pages about marriage, divorce, and women. These verses present sets of rules and boundaries by Allah to his slaves. They are an antidote against the work of Sheitan to get couples divorced. The verses teach us that Allah is in control. No one can break your marriage or mess with marriage because there are rules in place by the creator.
- Pack Indian Costus powder in empty capsules and take 2 to 4 capsules a day but do not take them on an empty stomach or before bedtime.
- Have an open, candid conversation with your spouse. Explain to them how much you love them and how your lack of intimacy is temporarily out of your hand and that you are working on overcoming this. Try to compensate by sending flowers, writing love notes, and going together to dinner.
- Keep working on getting intimate with your spouse. Do not give up. You are getting rewarded by Allah for trying to get intimate with your spouse. Prophet Muhammed on being asked whether a reward would be given for satisfying one’s passion, said, “Tell me; if he were to express his desire in something forbidden, would it not be a sin on his part? Similarly, if he were to express his desire in what Allah has permitted, he would get rewarded.”
- Bathe with Ruqiah water mixed with Sidr leaves. It is effective in treating erectile disorders triggered by spiritual disorders. (explained in the physical treatment section)
- Apply Ruqiah Olive Oil on the genital areas of both spouses before intimacy.
- Make Duaa (supplication to Allah) before intimacy. Ibn ‘Abbas reported God’s messenger as saying that if anyone who seeks intimacy with their spouse says, “In the name of God. God, keep us away from the devil and keep the devil away from what you have provided us,” should a child be born to them thereby, no devil will ever harm it. (Bukhari and Muslim.)
- Set the expectations with your spouse that It is okay to fail during intimacy.
- Avoid provocative people who act as ambassadors of the devil. They could be more capable of destroying your marriage than Shaitan ever can. A woman met another at a gathering and said: “My husband bought me this brand new car for our anniversary, What did your husband buy you for your last anniversary? She was shocked and embarrassed shortly after, she had a divorce from her husband who she said did not appreciate her.
- Avoid couple friends. females can have as many female friends and Males can have as many male friends. However, avoid group outings and group dinners with other couples. They are Islamically forbidden. Cross admiration always occurs and comparisons happen. The better and lesser spouses, both lose!! A man might find his friend’s wife, who is less beautiful than his wife to be more appealing and vice versa. If a wife is less attractive, less engaging, or less wittiful, then why is she letting herself be in this setting? If one wife is more attractive, then why is she exposing herself to Hasad and Evil Eye. ‘Uqba b. ‘Amir reported God’s Messenger as saying, “Avoid going in where women are.” A man said, “Messenger of God, tell me about the relatives of a woman’s husband,” to which he replied, “The relatives of a woman’s husband are Death.”* *The word “Death” is used to indicate a strong prohibition, the idea being that they are a cause of temptation to a man’s wife. (Bukhari and Muslim.)
- Dress up modestly. Allah says in Quran in Al-Nur Chapter verse 31 (And tell the believing women to restrain their looks, and to guard their privates, and not display their beauty except what is apparent thereof, and to draw their coverings over their breasts, and not expose their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands’ fathers, their sons, their husbands’ sons, their brothers, their brothers’ sons, their sisters’ sons, their women, what their right hands possess, their male attendants who have no sexual desires, or children who are not yet aware of the nakedness of women. And they should not strike their feet to draw attention to their hidden beauty. And repent to God, all of you believers, so that you may succeed.)
- Avoid Period Sex. It is forbidden, disgusting, and unhealthy. Additionally, something about blood in general and blood of menstruation attracts Shaitan. Allah says in Quran in Surat Al-Baqarah, verse 222 (And they ask you about menstruation: say, “It is harmful, so keep away from women during menstruation. And do not approach them until they have become pure. Once they have become pure, approach them in the way God has directed you.” God loves the repentant, and He loves those who keep clean.”)
- Do not share with others how kind, beautiful, or nice your spouse is. Do not attract Evil Eye and Hasad to your life. Keep your blessing to yourself so you don’t lose it.
- Most patients who have Jinn harm, do not drink enough water and do not shower frequently. This negatively affects your spouse. Do not mask odors with perfumes, rather shower up.